Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Glad to be part of the team

Hi, I'm Heidi and I'm married to Troy. I used to work at the ELC, but now I'm just the PTA president. I am happy to be participating in this challenge and hope that it will jump me back on the path of exercise again. Surgery kind of put a big damper on what I used to do, so I have to do different kinds of exercise things for the next month. Then I'll be free!
I like the Ninja name. I've never been a ninja before, but I went to Tibet last summer and I think I may have seen one there. At the very least, I can add "ninja" to the titles I hold on my resume.
So far I've gotten in a lot of steps but I'm consistently the lowest stepper at our house. Troy and the kids beat me every day. But there is hope that I will be able to beat them some day!
Here's one of my reasons to exercise...

One of my goals this summer is to do a 25 mile bike ride with our oldest daughter, Hannah. We've already done an 8 mile ride and this Saturday we're doing a 10 mile ride. Shouldn't be too hard, but the "pedometer-equivalents" will certainly add up!
Here's a "get-extra-steps-in" suggestion:
Play Dance Dance Revolution
The kids swear that it works and each day they continually have close to 20,000 or more steps. Who am I to doubt?
p.s.-Yes, the time of this post is correct. It is THAT early.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

You are doing awesome, Heidi! You are totally creaming me on the steps. I guess I need to get a bike, huh?

Justin said...

Ninja's in Zion? Really Troy? I thought you guys might go with "Fablehaven Wasteland" or "Mr. Mull Mullitia". My team is called "Ninjas in really tight sweats". How many steps for wasting an hour at work blog hopping? This is actually really cool. You guys are awesome!!!

I am Troys younger brother for those of you who are wondering who would make such a mockery of Fablehaven. I apologize.

Robb said...

Heidi, I understand your frustration. Kimberly and I go on a walk together, same distance, and she gets more steps than I do. I can only imagine how many more steps your kids rack up doing the same walking around the house or neighbourhood that you do. It's one of the downfalls of not being short. Plus, kids have the metabolism of chipmunks.

ltandjbcox said...

YeeeeeeAHHHHHHH. Bring those pedometers to AZ with you and I will do my best to keep up. . . I know a 6 mile route we could do every morning and just chat away the whole time.