Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ninjas?




I'm pretty sure that the team name was Tegwyn's idea. Am I right? Anyway, I'm Alisa. I'm a librarian at the good ol' HBLL. I am also Tegwyn's wife, and Teg and I are in the same ward as the Coxes. Here are some things I have learned since starting this challenge:



  • Skipping the elevator to take the stairs is a good.

  • Parking farther out in the parking lot so you can get a little exercise is good.

  • Walking to the park with your kids for a little fresh air, exercise, and quality time is good.

  • Walking somewhere to save gas and get some exercise is also good.

  • Jogging in place while washing dishes is a total waste of time.

  • Jogging in place while nursing a baby just sounds like a really bad idea.


So I realize that I only take about half as many steps as Teg in an average day, but I don't want any broken dishes or babies around here. I hope you will forgive me and accept what few steps I have to offer!

2 comments:

troycox said...

The name actually came about because Teg asked what our team name was and I told him "ELC" and he told me that was the LAMEST name he'd ever heard.

He then called Wellness to see if we could change it, and they told him we could, so he asked if we could somehow incorporate Ninja in the name.

At the end of Oral Interviews on Monday, May 5th, I asked Ben & Robb what they'd like to call the team, if we could incorporate ninja in there somehow. And that's what we came up with.

Alisa said...

I forgot to mention my fitness goals, probably because they aren't very lofty goals. Basically, I just want to keep my joints moving. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I just started a new drug that makes me feel better than I have felt in the 6 years since being diagnosed. However, one of the side effects is increased appetite, and therefore increased weight gain. I want to stop the weight gain before it's a problem, because I know extra pounds will make the battle with arthritis even worse.